29 Feb Six Elite Athlete Grant recipients to represent Team USA at 2012 World Indoor Championships
INDIANAPOLIS – The USA Track & Field Foundation will have six Elite Athlete Grant recipients competing as members of Team USA at the upcoming IAAF Indoor World Championships in Istanbul, Turkey, March 9-11, Foundation Executive Director Tom Jackovic and Chairman Bob Greifeld announced today.
The following athletes were named to Team USA as a result of finishing either first or second in their event this past weekend at the USA Indoor National Championships in Albuquerque, NM, and obtaining an IAAF qualifying standard in their individual event (with the exception of the 4×400 relay):
- Leslie Cole (’10 grant) – 4x400m relay
- Brenda Martinez (’10 grant) – 1500 meters
- Erica Moore (’11 grant) – 800 meters
- Mary Saxer (’12, ’10 grants) – pole vault
- Amanda Smock (’12 grant) – triple jump
- Jamaal Torrance (’12, ’11, ’10 grants) – 4x400m relay
The Foundation Elite Athlete Grant Program contributes to the pursuit of world-class performances by American post-collegiate track and field athletes. Athletes must meet minimum performance and financial need standards to be eligible.