12 Dec USATF Foundation announces 9 Youth Club Grant recipients
INDIANAPOLIS – The USA Track & Field Foundation Chairman Bob Greifeld and Executive Director Tom Jackovic announced today it has awarded 9 youth grants to track & field clubs throughout the country. The grants assist young male and female athletes with expenses such as travel to meets, equipment, uniforms, awards and facility rental.
“The Foundation takes great pride in providing opportunities to compete for youth track & field athletes,” noted Jackovic. “It’s a great way to end our year.”
We encourage youth track clubs and programs from all areas of the United States to apply for financial assistance. The Foundation favors the use of grant money to expand existing youth programs/clubs, to provide additional competitive opportunities for children and to enhance the experience for all participants. Preference is given to clubs that are based in low-income areas. It also favors programs that have a history of solid financial management, multiple funding sources and community support. Allowable expenses include equipment, uniforms, meet fees, travel, facility rental, staff and volunteer training, and outreach.
The following youth clubs were approved to receive a Foundation grant:
- Allegiance Track Club (OR), $2000
- Bay Area Kids Program (CA), $1000
- Dwarf Athletic Association Of America (MI), $2300
- Fast Start Management, Inc. (FL), $1500
- Hawks Track & Field Club (CA), $2000
- JS Youth Foundation (CA), $3000
- Mini Mermaids Running Club (CA), $2500
- Shamrock Track Parents (OH), $1500
- The Funhouse Commons (WA), $2000
Note that the Bay Area Kids Program grant will be used as a matching grant pool.